The African-American Photographers Guild
A website dedicated to the accomplishments of the african-american photographer. Not a restrictive site, but one whose focus is on african-american history. We feature:
- Tutorials and information covering all levels of photographic interest, whether beginner or professional.
- A discussion list. Members can get advice on areas of photography and darkroom techniques.
- A historical reference site, detailing the works of notable black photographers in and outside of the U.S.- then and now.
- Articles by and about notable african-american photographers
- Assistance in purchasing used cameras as well as darkroom equipment. Our hope is two-fold: 1), To move out from in front of the lens, re-position ourselves behind the camera, thus claiming ownership of how we see ourselves, and 2), Provide a view of ourselves rarely seen or acknowledged in the media today.