THE PAN AFRICA DEVELOPMENT INTERCULTURAL NETWORK
PADIN’s mission is to provide volunteers with structured program to facilitate them to make an important contribution to the people (particularly marginalized and underprivileged group) of different parts of Ghana, while gaining an in-depth experience of Ghana’s language and culture that will stay with the volunteers for the rest of their lives.
- To reduce the impact of HIV/AIDS on People Living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHAs), Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVCs) and the community as a whole.
- To reduce extreme poverty and hunger by establishing income generating projects for women and the youth in the rural communities
- To educate and work with communities regarding environmental, health and sanitation issues.
- To provide trainings and workshops for the community youths to develop life skills in them and create opportunities for self-employment.
- To provide language lessons and cultural information for people who come to Ghana to study, conduct research, and do voluntary work.
- To introduce volunteers to the richness of Ghana’s culture and ensure a safe and memorable stay in a supportive environment.
- To support families and children suffered from armed conflict providing them basic requirements such as food, shelter and education.
- To encourage skilled professionals such as doctors, engineers, teachers, lawyers, entrepreneurs to allocate part of their valuable time to volunteer for the service of the poorer and marginalized people in the society.
- To provide Sponsored Education for children from very poor and marginalized families.
- To assist with staffing of Village Health Centers.
- To support to establish Community Learning Centers (CLC) to provide learning platforms for eliminating illiteracy and developing professional capacity of community people.
- To provide basic hygienic skills to the poorest people of Ghana.
- To make youths aware of HIV /AIDS and Girl Trafficking and to mobilize them in the campaign.
- To equip schools and communities with basic physical infrastructures.
- Student travel and working aboard services
- Empowerment of women through micro-enterprise as a means of reducing poverty