Dr Pepper Museum & Free Enterprise Institute

  • Texas

Website

http://drpeppermuseum.com

Address

300 South 5th Street
Waco
Texas
76701
United States

About Us

Built in 1906 by architect Milton Scott, the Artesian Manufacturing and Bottling Company was the first building dedicated to the manufacturing of Dr Pepper. Creating a Dr Pepper Museum was the vision of a few devoted enthusiasts of both Dr Pepper and its history. The Artesian Manufacturing and Bottling Company became the Dr Pepper Museum in 1989, then the Dr Pepper Museum and Free Enterprise Institute in 1997. Today it is the Museum’s largest artifact and a tribute to the imagination and talent that fueled Dr Pepper’s success throughout the years.


The Dr Pepper Museum and Free Enterprise Institute is a private non-profit organization governed by a Board of Directors elected by its membership. The Museum is neither owned nor operated by Dr Pepper Snapple Group, the brand owner of Dr Pepper. The Museum and Free Enterprise Institute opened to the public in May of 1991 and has attracted over 1,000,000 visitors.


The Museum’s mission is to educate and entertain the general public through the collection, preservation, interpretation, and exhibition of objects relevant to the history of the soft drink industry, and through that example, the free enterprise economic system.


The Dr Pepper Museum and Free Enterprise Institute is dedicated to being the finest museum in the world devoted to telling the story of the soft drink industry and to using this industry as a practical model of the free enterprise system.


Share:

Share: