arunodaya mano vikasa kendram
ARUNODAYA MANO VIKASA KENDRAM, H.No7-7-36/3,
To serve the rural poor and Disabled persons,orphan children,and helpless aged persons.
Arunodaya mano vikasa kendram is an unit of the AWARD'society is a devoted voluntary service organization dedicated to serve the rural poor and disabled persons, was established in 27th May 1994 in a humble way... The society was backed by dedicated, committed force of social workers.
Smt. I. Aruna Devi, founder of the association worked more than a decade as special educated Teacher and served many different kind of mentally retarded children. There are so many mentally retarded children belonging to very poor families who are identified in West godavari District and the services are not available for them. So there is a need for an institution which can serve the unserved mentally Handicap children.
"Arunodaya Mano Vikasa Kendram" Residential special school for welfare and training of mentally retarded children started with specific objectives to serve the mentally handicapped children. We provided special education and training to hundreds of mentally retarded children and our humble service for them received.
1. Prime requirement is securing own land and construct a building, with hostel facilities to accomodate 100 children.
2. To secure a van/mini Bus for transport of day scholars to and fro. 3. To update training techniques and improve teaching standards.
4. A library for children, instructors and teachers.
5. To participate in future immunisation, Aids control, family welfare and Janmabhoomi programs. Our institution is running in two rented buildings. Most of the parents of mentally retarded children belong to very poor families, daily labourers and they work hard to ge their one day meal. We come forward to take care of their mentally retarded children but due to shortage to funds we are unable to render them adequate service.
6. Our main source of receipts are donations adn contributions from good hearted public and utilise the same for upliftment of poor mentally retarded children. We also taking care on health care activities to prevent/control HIV/AIDS in our Andhra Pradesh state the help of other net working ngos and social workers.