Point of Grace Community Development Initiative
Point of Grace Community Development Initiative (PGCDI) is a Christian Community based organization located in Buwenge Town council, Jinja district Uganda. It works to help marginalized women and men enhance their standards of living. It also helps orphans and other needy children in the community to access better education and health.
Vision: A healthy self sustaining community free from absolute poverty living in a clean and well protected environment. Mission: To improve the social, economic and psychological well being of the marginalized in the society and to promote and conserve the environment. Core values: • Love • Care • Sharing • Hope • Respect • Stewardship OUR OBJECTIVES • Create, trains and avails the marginalized with Income Generating Activities that improve on household income and enhance the standard of living.
• Encourages environmental conservation and protection through training, empowering and helping the community to adopt cheaper, environmentally friendly self sustaining sources of energy.
• Empower the marginalized through provision of quality information and psycho-social support to greatly enhance their psychological wellbeing.
• Provide support to orphans and children in need by providing shelter, food, clothing and educational assistance.
• Networking with other organizations that front a similar cause.
• Influence policy makers to be more responsible and pay greater attention to the several needs of the marginalized (widows, orphans and other disadvantaged Organizations especially those from very poor backgrounds)