Illinois Council of Orchestras
Since 1974, the Illinois Council of Orchestras (ICO) has served as the statewide advocacy and service organization for the orchestral community in Illinois. The Illinois Council of Orchestras was founded with the following mission:
- To advocate for and to promote the development and success of Illinois orchestras and to respond to their needs
- To promote an exchange of ideas and resources among members
- To provide a system of communication to meet mutual needs and concerns
- To encourage financial support for orchestras from all possible sources
- To sponsor educational conferences, workshops, and other activities for the betterment of member orchestras.
ICO is governed by a 20-member Board of Directors who hail from arts organizations and businesses all over the state.