The Relationship Foundation
- New York
321 East 10th Street
Healthy Relationships Break Out Worldwide!
Perhaps this not so far away!
We spend at least twelve years in school preparing for a career.
How much time do we spend preparing for a relationship, any relationship?
Effective relationship education is essential in guiding young people towards making informed and responsible choices throughout their lives. The Relationship Foundation (TRF) is an educational initiative that seeks to educate high school and college students about the many facets of a healthy relationship as a complement to their studies.
TRF was organized by relationship specialist Michael Jascz and a staff of dedicated professionals. He first introduced the program in a top-rated New York City public high school in 2008 and has now taught the program in 18 schools.
Study of the Relationship Foundation curriculum offers an in-depth exploration of the complexities of relationships, friends, family , coworkers and significant others. We begin the journey by learning how to articulate our needs and feelings without blame or judgment and to listen empathically. Through this approach, students and teachers alike can build a foundation for establishing healthy, thriving and fulfilling relationships with everyone in their lives.Areas of focus include:
- Effective communication tools to help build, nurture, and sustain meaningful and fulfilling relationships
- Self-confidence building activities
- Self -esteem and body image
- The history and evolution of gender roles and relationships
- Sexism in interpersonal relationships, the media, the workplace, and society at-large
- Tech neglect and the wild west of texting
- The effect of the media on relationships
- And much more
TRF's 501(c)(3) status was approved in November 2013.
Do you work for The Relationship Foundation? Become an administrator