Franklin Park Coalition
The Franklin Park Coalition mission is simple: to restore and preserve Franklin Park, a 527 historic urban greenspace located in the geographic heart of Boston.
But what does this mean?
• Advocacy with public officials to make sure that Franklin Park is not neglected.
• Working for park improvements - better park management, public transit options to the park, entrance beautification, bicycle access, restoration of historic features, and more.
• Recruiting volunteers and young people to restore the park's 220-acre forest.
• Leading park walks, history tours, and nature programs to encourage city dwellers to discover the park's treasures.
• Bringing back the Elma Lewis Playhouse in the Park for free summer concerts to build community and celebrate local artists.
• Hiring neighborhood youth for summer and school year jobs restoring the woodlands and promoting the park.
• Working with community members and public safety agencies to help people feel safe in the park.