Crossover Volunteer Ghana
How Crossover Volunteer Started:
Crossover Volunteer Ghana was started by Joy Avexoh and the CVG team in 2010 as a response to the poverty and lack of resources encountered in Ghanaian villages.
Having worked in the past with international volunteers in Ghana, Joy saw an opportunity to further utilise the skills and enthusiasm of these volunteers at a grassroots level in local villages. And with no shortage on the needs of the villages, volunteers of all ages and backgrounds have something they can offer.
Joy has 7 years experience working as a volunteer coordinator in the Volta Region of Ghana and has extensive knowledge on placing volunteers and local projects.
Crossover Volunteer Ghana seeks to improve the quality of life for residents in Ghanaian villages, current and in the future.
To work with Community Based Organisations in Ghanaian villages on projects that will ultimately improve the quality of life for current and future generations.
- To utilise the expertise, skills and vision of volunteers to help Community Based Organisations (CBOs) improve systems within their community (e.g. effect more children attending school, improve resources at the schools, enhance current business practices, improve community members knowledge of health and hygiene)
- To increase skills of CBO members in proposal writing, business administration, running a committee, budgeting, basic computer skills and English
- To promote volunteerism and voluntary efforts in social and national development
- To encourage local and international volunteers to contribute to community development
- To fight poverty and exclusion, to strengthen the capacity of disadvantaged communities and to support peace, human rights and equality for all through the mobilisation of resources
Why choose Crossover Volunteer Ghana?
Crossover Volunteer Ghana is committed to finding the best projects in Ghana and to ensuring that you have an incredible volunteering experience. Crossover Volunteer Ghana staff will help you find a project that meets your personality and skills and will make sure that your trip goes a smoothly as possible. They will be there to answer any questions that you have about the project, travelling or any other concerns.