UNiTED stands for Unifying Neighbors Through Education and Development. This resource and empowerment organization was founded in 2009 by a group of local and international volunteers.
It is located in the Kpando Municipality, which lies in the Volta Region of Ghana, West Africa. The Kpando Municipality is one of the 25 districts and municipalities in the Volta Region.
It is our mission to encourage sustainable community development through strengthening the local health care system by providing education, information and tools that lead to empowerment and increased self-sufficiency of health workers and community members, especially vulnerable community groups. We envision a world in which health care meets the needs and hears the voice of even the most vulnerable community members.
UNiTED adheres to the following core values:
- Community based activities through a bottom-up, participatory and holistic approach
- Sustainability based on the local strengths and weaknesses
- Multidisciplinary teamwork through cooperation with local and international colleagues and partners
- Evidence based work through thorough research activities prior to project design and implementation
- Efficiency and thoroughness through the use of Project Cycle Management
- Sharing knowledge and experience through cooperation, observation and education
- Inclusion of various stakeholders in all stages of our projects