3131 Elliott Ave
The SHAG Foundation, an operating Resident Support Team for SHAG (Senior Housing Assistance Group), provides services and resources to our more than 5,500 SHAG residents through community partnership, neighborhood outreach and local and national advocacy.
Seniors are at the core of our mission:
- We enable our residents to continue living independently in their homes
- We promote their health and wellness
- We provide opportunities for our residents to enhance their quality of life while respecting their independence and uniqueness
When it comes to aging well, we believe seniors need:
- To be able to count on a stable, safe home in which to live
- A community of friends with shared interests
- Access to support, services and programming that help them sustain active lifestyles
Supporting seniors matters
In Washington, the number of people 65 and older is expected to double by 2040, becoming one-fifth of the state’s population. Life expectancies are now greater than ever. Seniors of today and the future wish, and deserve, to sustain their independence and their choices about where and how to live. They also seek to sustain the purpose that comes from contributing to and connecting with others. All of these components are essential for people to flourish at any age. By providing the appropriate resources and support, we can make this possible.
Do you work for SHAG Foundation? Become an administrator