American Red Cross, Burlington VT
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
- Along with the new mission and vision statements, we also want to lay out the values that are essential to our continued success: compassionate, collaborative, creative, credible and committed.
- These values are not new to the Red Cross, but this gives us a common language and foundation to grow on. The values drive how we accomplish our goals and conduct ourselves to execute and achieve our Strategic Journey.
- Compassionate: We are dedicated to improving the lives of those we serve and to treating each other with care and respect.
- Collaborative: We work together as One Red Cross family, in partnership with other organizations, and always embrace diversity and inclusiveness.
- Creative: We seek new ideas, are open to change and always look for better ways to serve those in need.
- Credible: We act with integrity, are transparent guardians of the public trust and honor our promises.
- Committed: We hold ourselves accountable for defining and meeting clear objectives, delivering on our mission and carefully stewarding our donor funds.