Newton Community Service Centers, Inc.
Since 1907. NCSC has served the diverse needs of children and families from Newton, Waltham, and surrounding communities with educational programs and a network of support services. NCSC concentrates on building the early relathionships with nurturing adults that children need to develop in healthy ways.
NCSC's four distince, well-integrated program areas include:
- Early education and child care
- Family counseling, educationa and support
- Child abuse prevention
- Volunteer service opportunities for adults 55+
We have developed an ability to foster the type of nurturing parent/child and teacher/student relationships that enhance childhood development. For more than twenty years, we have also conducted educational programs that focus on children's personal safety. Through our SOAR 55 program, we engage and train older adults to provide our community with valuable volunteer services.
NCSC's programs are led by passionate professionals and produce these outcomes:
- Stronger family attachments
- Increased early literacy and improved language skills
- Improved parenting skills for new and young parents