The ALS Association North Carolina Chapter
- North Carolina
Create a world without ALS
To discover treatments and a cure for ALS, and to serve, advocate for, and empower people affected by ALS to live their lives to the fullest.
COMPASSION – INTEGRITY – URGENCY
GUIDING PRINCIPLES ARE:
- People with ALS and their families come first
- One team, one vision, one mission
- Accountability and transparency
- Diversity and inclusion
- Open communication and dialogue
- Recognized interdependence between care and research.
- People with ALS and their families have:
- Access to consistent care, treatment and services
- Resource and support services that enhance quality of life
- Quality care and support leveraged by collaboration with partners
- Discover new life-extending treatment:
- Drive worldwide research agenda with urgency and boldness to improve outcomes for people with ALS
- Collaborate with partners in a comprehensive and diverse research model
- Facilitate the rapid development of new treatment options to extend and enhance quality of life while seeking a cure
Our mission is very powerful. We will not rest until an effective treatment and, ultimately, a cure is found.
As important as research is, we must not neglect the needs of those living with ALS today. We have a number of important programs and services available to help people living with ALS and their families cope with the day-to-day challenges that confront them. Through free loaner medical equipment, financial assistance grants, support groups and multi-disciplinary ALS clinics, we support people living with ALS and their families throughout North Carolina. The ALS Association North Carolina Chapter supports all of the ALS clinics within North Carolina, as well as a new telemedicine clinic that serves patients who are unable to travel to a clinic. We are committed to providing compassionate support to everyone living with ALS in North Carolina.
The North Carolina Chapter works diligently to make sure all ALS patients receive the best possible care and support. With your support, we will be one step closer to finding a cause and cure for this disease while providing the necessary services to those living with and fighting ALS.
We look forward to your help in finding a cure for ALS.
Chief Operating Officer (Job)