Rolling Hills Community Church
Rolling Hills Community Church ... a people of God reaching out, growing up, and giving all.
Rolling Hills Community Church exists to bring glory to God by reaching people for Christ and nurturing them in the faith through inspired worship, genuine community and passionate ministry that transforms lives in our neighborhoods and throughout the world.
Our Core Values
- Love ... We will love the Lord our God, first and foremost, and then love everyone around us with the love of Jesus Christ. (John 13:34-35; Matthew 22:37-40)
- Reach ... We are called to reach as many people as possible in Nashville and throughout the world for Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8)
- Minister ... Every person through Christ is a minister and essential to this community of believers. (Ephesians 4:11-13; Philippians 1:27)
- Grow ... We believe this church, as a whole, and each individual member of this body is created to grow spiritually through the filling of the Holy Spirit. (1 Peter 2:1-3)
- Joy ... Church is designed to be enjoyable. Joy will permeate everything we do. (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)
- Change ... The Message stays the same, but our methods must constantly change in order to effectively impact our world for Jesus Christ. (1 Corinthians 9:22-23)
- Excellence ... Our pursuit is to always bring glory to God by doing everything He has called us and equipped us to do with excellence. (Colossians 1:28-29; Colossians 3:23)
- Prayer ... Prayer is the basis for everything we do. (James 5:16
It was the fall of 2002, when our God called out a few to plant what is now “Rolling Hills Community Church.” With a core team of 15 people, we began to gather in the Alara Farms apartment clubhouse on Thursday nights to study God’s Word and to talk about what church should be in our day and in our generation. During those first three months, God began to bring people to join in His calling and mission. In January of 2003, Rolling Hills Community Church was officially launched. We moved to the Marriott hotel in Cool Springs and began meeting on Sunday mornings. It continues to be an amazing journey, and every day our God does something new! God continues to bring people to join in His story, and here at Rolling Hills we are all a part of something very special!
In the spring of 2004, we moved from the hotel ballroom to Carmike’s Thoroughbred Theater in Cool Springs. It is incredible how God opened the door to allow His church to meet in the theater. For five years we set-up at 6:30 a.m., experienced two amazing worship times, hosted ten theaters of children’s ministry, one coffee shop youth ministry and then we would break everything down in order to be out by noon. It was truly amazing, and each Sunday was a testimony to God’s grace and His provision. For five years we never had a contract with Carmike, and God blessed and grew His church each and every week!
During these first six years of life, God has moved in an unbelievable way in and through His church. Our God weekly draws people to Himself, and God has grown His church in an incredible way. Through Sunday Morning Worship, Small Groups which meet in homes, and through a calling to local as well as international missions (we have had over 480 people go and serve on a mission trip in the first 6 ½ years), God has grown His church in depth and breath of influence. And, the amazing truth is our God is just getting started!
In October of 2007, God called us to take a one-time offering for a place He would show us. We did not know where He was calling us, we just knew we were out-growing the theater and God was calling us to a new chapter in the journey. On that one Sunday, this young church, average age of 28, gave over one million dollars. After we stepped out in faith, God revealed this amazing place, “The WareHouse” – a place beyond our Wildest Dreams – over 146,000 sq. feet, complete with three tenants to help offset our payments, sitting on 12.5 acres of prime real estate in the middle of our community. While the building is not the vision, it truly is an incredible tool to share the love and the grace of Christ with our community and our world!
On October 11, 2009, we celebrated our first worship time in our new church home here at the WareHouse. Today, God is more at work than ever before. He is calling us to “reach out, grow up and give all” for His Name and His glory in our community. With amazing Worship on Sunday Mornings, wonderful children, student and college ministries, young adult, men and women's ministries, Celebrate Recovery, Small Groups and Missions, God has given us a passion for impacting our own community as well as the world with His love and grace. We are all truly a part of something very special, and we are simply hanging on for the ride! Come join God in what He is doing in His church, and let’s invest our lives in making a difference for His Name and His glory! The best is yet to come…
“Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.” Ephesians 3:20-21