National Child Labor Committee
NCLC promotes the rights, awareness, dignity, well-being and education of children and youth as they relate to work and working. NCLC is a leading force working on behalf of this country’s young people in the areas of youth employment and training, child labor law enforcement, youth occupational safety and health, and education.
- Educating children about the world of work through its elementary school and business partnership program--KIDS AND THE POWER OF WORK (KAPOW)
- Preventing the exploitation of children and youth in the labor market
- Improving the health and education opportunities for the children of the migrant farmworkers
- Increasing public awareness of the work done day-in and day-out on behalf of the nation’s children
- Its annual Lewis Hine Awards honor ten individuals for their unheralded volunteer or professional work that betters the lives of America’s youth. In addition, Distinguished Service Awards are presented to individuals in the public eye who have shown unsurpassed commitment to improving the lives of children. NCLC also presents the Ronald H. Brown Award,honoring those who overcame prejudice and discrimination in their lifetime and use their success to help others do the same.
- NCLC is a Member of the National Youth Employment Coalition as well as the National Labor Committee and the National Mentoring Technical Assistance Corps
- NCLC works with companies and other organizations in the areas of child labor law compliance and transforming the workplace into a learning environment.