Youth Press of Wisconsin News
712 East Bracklin St.
- connects youth with professionals in the community "who care" (law enforcement, educators, town leaders, etc.)
- is closely connected to school and community parnters in the common interests of school teachers and officials, parents, town leaders, business people, as well as students from all cultural, academic and socio-economic backgrounds.
- creates mentorships between students, community people and educators.
- is closely tied to the 40 Developmental Assets in that it helps students become "mini-experts" on all the GOOD THINGS available in their communities.
- encourages youth to express and participate to develop self-esteem, self confidence, and leadership roles.
- is an alternative activity to alternative behaviors.
- involves skill building and access to training with professionals.