Generation Water is a non-profit social enterprise that was launched by The Infrastructure Academy to employ students in water conservation, energy efficiency, and other sustainability projects.
By the numbers. Since 2009, we have:
- Conducted over 240 school water audits and irrigation surveys
- Located and inventoried over 350 irrigation controllers and 5,300 valves
- Cataloged over 25,000 sprinklers including 10,000 that are malfunctioning or broken
- Employed and trained over 60 young people
Our young employees have analyzed the water bills of school districts, mapped out irrigation equipment and landscaping on ArcView GIS, built a FileMaker database to store all of this information, and made recommendations on how to reduce water usage.
Clients have included the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power, Los Angeles Unified School District Facilities Services Division, Suburban Water Systems, and East Whittier Unified School District.
Our mission is to build a pipeline of diverse, well-qualified young people for the career opportunities of the green economy.
We achieve this mission in two ways:
- By providing young people with training and on the job work experience as they embark on a career in water, sustainability, the skilled trades, or a STEM-related field.
- By completing sustainability projects that reduce water and/or energy consumption while minimizing negative environmental impacts.
WE ARE CURRENTLY HIRING! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.