EXTENDED HAND COMMUNITY FOUNDATION (EHCOF)
Extended Hand Community Foundation(EHCOF)shall work to improve the quality of life of orphans & vulnerable children, youths, women and other vulnerable people in urban, peri-urban and rural areas. The focus will center on human rights through six principle areas of poverty alleviation,agriculture, community health- (malaria, HIV&AIDS environmental management, rural and community development in general.
1.To identify and provide care and support for the orphans & vulnerable children while they are with thier extended families, assisting them with basic needs including shelter depending on the organisation's ability.
2.To conduct human rights education and gender development programmes. population.
3. To work in collaboration with the government agencies, the the church, non-governmetal organisations (NGO's)and other stakeholders.
4.To conduct community awareness campaigns, and education on the dangers of HIV/AIDS through Home Based care project(HBC), awareness on alcohol and drug addiction and abuse, malaria awareness, prevention, control and community based diseases.
5.To promote sustainable livelihoods through sustainable agriculture & enterprise development, conduct environmental education, encourage the formation of agricutural cooperatives as a strategy to improve group participation in agricultural development and promote household food security.
EHCOF's main activities are:
- To promote rural and community development through community health activities.
- To promotion of human rights especially the rights of girls and women.
- Agricuture and natural resources development programmes.
- HIV and AIDS
- Promoting life saving skills.
- Spritual care and support