The Afghan Woman's Centre of Montreal is a registered Non-Profit created in 2002, serving Afghan women and their families in and around Montreal.
President: Makai Aref
Establish communication with Afghan women and their families in and around Montreal.
- Organize gatherings and exchange experiences among the Afghan women regarding the education of Afghan women and their children and integration into Quebec and Canadian society.
- Establish Afghan women seniors as trainers/educators for the younger generation.
- To provide access to help and legal information regarding family violence. (from Shield Athena)
- To provide access to a pediatrics medical clinic with a doctor who speaks Dari. (Dr. Iiaria Moneta)
- To Introduce Canadian/Quebec society and it's laws.
- To provide access to learning, skill sharing, and promote an exchange of ideas with different communities.
- Organize gatherings and special projects- ie Mothers Day Independence Day
- Organize the Catering Collective for Afghan women to develop their cooking skills and earn income.
- Provide services for Afghan senior women
ie (Canada Human Resources-New Horizon grants)
- Provide Afghan senior women opportunities to practise their traditional embroidery skills and earn income.
- Establish and provide access to English and French classes to Afghan senior women.