St. Joseph Hospice of Cenla
ABOUT ST. JOSEPH HOSPICE
St. Joseph Hospice is a locally-owned agency within The Carpenter Health Network dedicated to providing the highest quality hospice care to patients and families at this most crucial time in their lives. Our staff, comprised of compassionate, experienced and palliative-trained professionals, support staff and volunteers, work under the direction of a Board Certified hospice and palliative care physician using a team approach to care. St. Joseph Hospice is licensed by the State and certified by Medicare.
The Carpenter Health Network will joyfully provide optimal patient care seamlessly across service lines to ensure spiritual, emotional, and physical healing wherever possible, while always respecting life, fostering dignity, and preserving quality of life.
- Integrity & Character: Morals - Mental Toughness - Do the Right Thing
- Accountability: Invest in Yourself - Own Your Mistakes - Learn from Your Mistakes
- Joyful Purpose: Lord, help me love them as You would love them, help me serve them as You would serve them. I pray they see You in me.
- Intellectual Agility: Identify Problems - Provide Solutions - Identify Opportunities & Act
- Overachievement: Outwork our Competition - Be Persistent - Take Initiative - Discipline
ST. JOSEPH HOSPICE OF CENLA
St. Joseph Hospice of Cenla office is located in Alexandria, Louisiana, and has a service area covering anywhere within a 50 mile radius of our office. We serve those who are dealing with terminal illnesses in their home, nursing home, or assisted living facility, offering physical, spiritual, and emotional support to them and their families.
VOLUNTEERING WITH ST. JOSEPH HOSPICE OF CENLA
Hospice began with volunteers. St. Joseph Hospice still keeps that tradition alive by having a trained group of volunteers who play a vital role in the St. Joseph Hospice team approach to care. The role of the volunteer may include, but not be limited to, family care, nursing home visits, working at a health fair, or helping with a special project. Each person brings a unique mix of talents and interests to the hospice experience and each volunteer is needed and appreciated by everyone in the hospice community.
Volunteer opportunities are typically classified in one of the following ways:
- Respite: Provide relief to caregiver and companionship to the patient
- Errands: Pickup and delivery of supplies, brochures, etc.
- Office: Provide help with office efficiency by answering phones, filing, etc.
- Special Projects: Sending birthday or sympathy cards, creating gifts for patients or bereaved family member, help educate the public about our services, etc.
- Use YOUR Talents: Musical performances, massage therapy, art therapy, haircuts/style, pet therapy, light repairs to a patients home, etc.
(Note: These are just a few ideas of how a volunteer can help. The list is only limited by your imagination and talent.)
Should you decide to become a volunteer, you will experience one of the most life affirming and personally rewarding gifts you will ever receive!
For further information or interest in becoming a volunteer, please contact Sarah, Volunteer Coordinator by phone, (318)561-0100 or email, firstname.lastname@example.org.