Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA
The Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA is an independent, private, non-profit organization that was founded in 1903. Our mission is to promote the humane treatment and a positive quality of life for all animals: domestic, exotic, wild or livestock.
The Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA is a donor-supported, nonprofit organization that provides animal care and services for homeless and owned animals in the Greater Los Angeles Area. The organization is dedicated to promoting humane treatment and compassionate care for all animals. The animals in its care come from 11 animal control contract cities, as well as partner shelters across the Los Angeles area and beyond. The Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA also offers lifesaving programs and services to the community that support the human-animal bond and keep pets in homes.
Our programs include:
• Shelter Services —We provide food, shelter and veterinary care to thousands of domestic and wild animals.
• Adoption and Adoption Counseling—Our adoption counselors help homeless animals find caring homes after carefully ensuring owner responsibility.
• Behavior Consultation—Our highly qualified behavior specialist is available to answer questions and consult with the public. We also offer training classes on site for dogs.
• Humane Education—School children and other members of our community learn proper pet care and humane treatment of animals.
• Spay/Neuter Program—To control pet overpopulation, we sterilize all animals adopted from the shelter before they go to their new home. In addition, we have a low cost spay/neuter clinic for financially burdened families.
• Animal Control and Cruelty Investigations— Our Animal Control Officers respond to an average of 70 calls per day regarding stray, injured or dead animals. In addition, they actively investigate cases of animal abuse, neglect and cruelty.
• Wildlife—Our Wildlife Program takes in injured and sick wildlife for rehabilitation and relocation, as needed. Our Wildlife Officer encourages people service area to coexist with wildlife by teaching people to live safely and humanely alongside it.
• Volunteer Program—We provide unique volunteer opportunities for members of the community. Their work helps reinforce the humane treatment of all animals.
Do you work for Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA? Become an administrator