California Coalition For Citizens with Disabilities
The CACCD is exists because of the failure of other disability rights organizations to enforce laws relating to public accommodation. Some of the things we are working on include:
1) Overhaul of the Section VIII Disability Housing Program.
2) Medical Information for Diabetes.
3) Information to home owners who face conflicts between ADA issues and their owner association.
4) Information to home owners who face conflicts between ADA and zoning ordinances.
4) Stop the rise of public parking fees to people with disabled license plates.
5) More access to beveled curbs.
We serve constituents who are physically handicapped, or over the age of 65.
CACCD is a direct action organization, and the only organization that is recommending that people be removed from the program who are not eligible under congressional law 42 USC § 1437e. This would eliminate the Section VIII waiting list in most regions of the country.