Catholic Charities of Baltimore
Our MissionInspired by the Gospel mandates to love, serve and teach, Catholic Charities provides care and services to improve the lives of Marylanders in need.
Cherishing the Divine Within, we are committed to a Maryland where each person has the opportunity to reach his or her God-given potential.
- Our ValuesTo Love
- To Serve
- To Teach
- To Work for Justice
- Our Commitments We will honor and respect the Dignity of every person.
- We believe that all people are created in the image of God and so have an inherent dignity, regardless of the circumstances of their lives. As such, we commit to honoring and respecting this dignity in every interaction.
- We will encounter each person with Compassion.
- We meet others with a sincere desire to know and understand them, without judgment and with a genuine concern that is expressed in the care we provide.
- We will act with Humility.
- Humility is an openness that actively seeks out others’ points of view and that both offers and accepts forgiveness when we have not been faithful to our commitments.
- We will reach out to others in a spirit of Collaboration.
- Collaboration is working together, drawing upon each person’s unique skills, knowledge and experience, to achieve a common purpose.
- We will serve with Excellence.
- We are inspired to be our best and to do our best work with and for others.
- We will act with Integrity in all we do.
- When we act with integrity, we do what we say we will do. We affirm that our mission is threefold:
- to provide healing and care to those in need;
- to educate people to social awareness and motivate them to act on behalf of the disadvantaged;
- to advocate for a public policy that will ensure a just society.
In pursuit of our mission, we struggle to combine:
- serving many needs while excercising a prudent use of limited resources;
- risking to achieve dramatic gains while remaining constant in our existing commitments;
- pursuing excellence while maintaining a compassionate touch.
Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Baltimore is Maryland's leading private provider of human services, welcoming and serving people in need of all faiths and races. We are firmly rooted in the gospel of Jesus to "serve the least of these." We are a creative, cutting-edge social service and advocacy organization, recognized by many as a leader in compassionate caregiving, with a standard of excellence second to none.
Incorporated in 1923, Catholic Charities today improves the lives of over 160,000 people each year. Our programs focus on children and families, the disadvantaged, the elderly, and people with developmental disabilities. Our work is done by 2,100 dedicated employees, who are supported by over 10,000 generous volunteers. More than 20,000 individuals support us through donations annually. Headquartered in Baltimore, Catholic Charities operates in Baltimore City and in Allegany, Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Carroll, Frederick, Garrett, Harford, Howard, and Washington Counties.