Hours per week
442 U.S. Highway 2
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The Community Outreach Internship is a 3-month, full time engagement, reporting to the Community Outreach Manager. This internship is focused on getting out into Vermont communities; educating Vermonters about solar and SunCommon’s offering; and motivating them to get started.
The Community Outreach Internship offers an individual the opportunity to combine their passion for clean energy with SunCommon’s story to engage and excite Vermonters to go solar. This intern will engage folks both at community events and through door-knocking. In any given week, that might entail tabling at a farmers’ market, bringing our solar-powered bounce house to a summer festival, and knocking on doors as part of a community campaign.
The position requires strong communication skills. The internship creates the opportunity to step into the solar industry and learn about how solar works in Vermont, as well as the opportunity to gain training and experience in field marketing. The challenge is in quickly digesting the complexities of the solar industry, and igniting Vermonters to join the solar movement we’re building, together.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS and QUALIFICATIONS (including, but not limited to):
- Commitment to our purpose, with a contagious passion for this work
- Demonstrated communication skills. Ideal candidate will have experience with outreach work (tabling at events, phone banking, etc.).
- Ability to work independently and manage their fieldwork productively
- Effective time management and self-organization
- Attention to detail
- Able to work flexible hours