$12.00 per hour
Hours per week
15-20 hours per week
The Student Success Network (SSN) is a rapidly growing network of 50 education and youth development nonprofits providing direct service to more than 20,000 low-income students in the NYC area.
SSN members share a bold vision: that every student will have the social-emotional intelligence to succeed in life. Since its launch, SSN members have been refining a data-informed, relationship-driven approach to solving shared challenges and improving their practices so that more students receive the support they need and deserve.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP
The SSN Data Intern's mission is to ensure that our social-emotional learning survey data is as high-quality, valid, and accurate as possible to provide members with actionable reports they can use to improve their programs.
- Collect, count, and organize paper and online surveys
- Enter surveys into our online platform with high attention to detail
- Track validity and accuracy of data using Google Sheets
- Complete projects in research, data analysis, and data visualization
- Support SSN team in broader program initiatives
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- Proficiency in Google Drive
- Experience with data entry
- Excellent (and consistent) attention to detail
- Ability to manage projects independently
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Passion for education or knowledge of social-emotional learning
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel / Google Sheets
- Experience with data analysis or visualization
- The majority (90%) of this role will be manual data entry using an online survey platform. Please make sure you are comfortable with this aspect of the role before applying.
- The position pays $12.00 an hour, and runs from May 1, 2018 to August 31, 2018. Start and end dates are somewhat flexible.
- Offers are contingent upon interns completing and passing a NYC DOE fingerprinting and background check. Fee will be reimbursed.
How To Apply
QUESTIONS? Reach out to Kavya Beheraj (email@example.com).