Hours per week
20 hours per week minimum
12304 Santa Monica Blvd.
Cause Communications is looking for a highly organized and self-motivated intern to provide day-to-day support on client and internal agency communications and design projects. This position offers an opportunity to get firsthand experience in a fast-paced agency and learn communications best practices for cause-related projects. In addition, the intern will be introduced to the major topics and issues related to advocacy, nonprofit organizations, and communicating on behalf of issues and causes. Our interns gain real-world experience by working directly with teams working on client accounts, and have an opportunity to contribute in a range of areas from research to project management to assisting with social media. This is a paid, entry-level position that requires previous work experience and a related college degree.
Research and Writing
· Research key competitors in client industries
· Support team with client research and initiatives
· Writing projects as needed
· Assist with monthly newsletter & analytics
· Develop content across various social media platforms & monitor social media accounts
· Assist with ongoing administrative tasks, database management, & staff meetings
· Answer phones & contribute to a positive work atmosphere
· Established writing, communication, and research skills
· Flexibility and willingness to juggle multiple projects and tasks
· Interest in nonprofit work
· Ability to work independently and to follow through on projects
· Excellent attention to detail
· Strong sense of professionalism
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite & familiarity with Mac OS
· Ability to manage office administrative tasks
· Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (preferred but not required)
· Familiarity with MailChimp, Wordpress (preferred but not required)
· MUST live in the LA area, or plan to live there by beginning of internship term
· Valid driver’s license
Flexible - 20 – 40 hours per week; 6-month commitment
How To Apply
If our mission and values align with yours, if your skills and experience match what we’ve outlined above, and if you’re serious about having a positive impact on the world by using “Communications for Good,” we’d love to hear from you.
Please send resumes and cover letters per the following instructions to Jennifer Archie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Resume should include work experience, skills, and education
- Cover letter should include the following:
- Why do you want to work at Cause Communications?
- Why this position is attractive and would be satisfying?
- What do you bring to this position? How do your skills and experience match the job?