About the position:
The majority of people in Western Tanzania have their livelihoods in agriculture but they suffer from poverty due to an underdeveloped agriculture system. You will use your skills in storytelling, media, and communications to help support sustainable agriculture in Western Tanzania. Your work will assist an agriculture social enterprise, Upendo Honey, in telling their story by effectively communicating their work, image, and goals to current and perspective donors and other Western stakeholders and assisting our Program Manager in running on-going programs. As an intern, you will do more than getting the morning coffee. Instead you will operate as a full member of our team with real responsibilities. We will work with you to accomplish your goals for your internship.
About the Organisation:
Upendo Honey is committed to lifting smallholder Tanzanian farming families out of poverty through a sustainable organic beekeeping and honey industry in Kigoma. More information about the organisation can be found at http://upendoagri.com/.
About living in Kigoma, Tanzania:
Upendo Honey is located in Kigoma, a safe, lakefront town in Western Tanzania. It is a day’s ride away from the nearest large city but a few minutes ride from beautiful beaches. You are welcome to share a comfortable, western style house with other expatriates. The house has a private bedroom for you and a shared bathroom with one other person. It has consistent 24/7 security, hot water, electricity, a gas stove and a lake front view.
Sample of Responsibilities:
· Create materials to promote our messages to our donors, such as farmer profiles, videos, photos, data visualization, and short articles for the monthly newsletter.
· Write 1-2 blog post each month sharing stories of Upendo Honey and our beekeepers.
· Prepare regular posts for our social media platforms
· Complete farmer and beekeeper profiles to help our international stakeholders better understand the people we are serving and the impact of the work we do.
· Assist the Program Manager in our regular programming, including: running village meetings, general operations, and identifying areas of potential improvement.
Who we are looking for:
· Able to work independently and remain organized with a few projects at the same time and able to take initiative to develop new projects.
· Comfortable working in a cross-cultural setting with people whose first language is not English and who may have never met a foreigner before.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Comfortable with computers, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, basic uses of Excel and basic photo editing.
· A flair for creative storytelling and communications. We have a great stories to tell so lots of scope for interesting angles!
We want to help you reach your professional goals! This position is flexible and can be tailored around your goals for your internship. We will work with you to fit your strengths with the skills you want to learn to build a relevant experience you can use in your career.
The dates for the internship are flexible but we expect the candidate to be in Kigoma for at least 4-6 weeks ideally starting some time in April 2020 however we can be flexible on this.
About the position:
The majority of people in Western Tanzania have their livelihoods in agriculture but they suffer from poverty due to an underdeveloped agriculture system. You will use your skills in storytelling, media, and…
We will provide accommodation and a stipend which should cover, or almost completely cover, living expenses while in Kigoma. All work-related transport in the Kigoma region will be covered by the organization. We will also provide an experienced translator for work situations.
We will provide accommodation and a stipend which should cover, or almost completely cover, living expenses while in Kigoma. All work-related transport in the…
If you love the idea of coming to Tanzania and using your skills to help beekeepers out of poverty, we would love to hear from you. To apply please send your cover letter, CV and any relevant communications work (video, social media site you manage, etc) to the listed email address. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
If you love the idea of coming to Tanzania and using your skills to help beekeepers out of poverty, we would love to hear from you. To apply please send your cover letter, CV and any…