District of Columbia
Resume and cover letter required
This is us
Our mission is to reforest the world’s 2 billion hectares of degraded land with sustainable approaches and disruptive technologies. We plant trees at scale to kick-start healthy ecosystems and support the communities that depend on them. From developing our Cocoon tree incubator to using blockchain to register projects, we believe technology will
not only improve reforestation outcomes but also help engage a global community in restoring our planet. Our headquarters are in Amsterdam, with teams in the US and Mexico. We work with governments, NGO’s and private companies, creating unique and often unexpected partnerships. The company is led by Jurriaan Ruys (former McKinsey partner) and Eduard Zanen (founder of Bugaboo).
In 2018-2019, Land Life will significantly increase the scale of its operations. Our new US Director will shape and lead our US business. This will require working with top global corporations on translating their sustainability goals into reforestation investments, as well as with governments and NGOs to make the implementation of these reforestation projects possible. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to leading US business development, building a US team, and coordinating with Amsterdam on commercial, operational and marketing initiatives.
Our preference is to locate this role in Washington DC or San Francisco, but we are open to Los Angeles, Sacramento, Boston or New York for the right individual.
This is you
- Relevant senior networks with corporate, NGO and government entities in the US.
- Entrepreneurial, at least 10-15 years of business development experience.
- Experience with developing creative, cross sector partnerships.
- Understanding of or experience in carbon markets, ecosystem services preferred.
- Able to manage a P&L and an enthusiastic and talented LA-based operations team.
- Knowledge of basic operational and supply chain/logistics acumen highly preferred.
- Applicants with backgrounds in business development for climate, forestry and the environment are encouraged to apply, though we always remain open to interesting backgrounds and a passion for impact.
Please submit your CV and cover letter (required), to email@example.com.
Competitive start-up salary
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We will only consider applicants with both resume and cover letter. Thank you!