Details: Commensurate to experience
Ciudad de México
Hola<code/> is a 5-month software engineering coding bootcamp education program based in Mexico City focused on providing better job placement opportunities and social mobility to returning migrants to Mexico. At Hola<code/> we believe that young people have the right to meaningful education, decent work, gender equality and income security. However, since 2005 around 500,000 young people between the ages of 18-35 have returned to Mexico from the United States. It is estimated that around 75% of them are unable to find formal employment. The premise for the next 4 years: + deportations. Those who are able to find jobs are exposed to different forms of abuse, lack of social or income security and unsafe working conditions at alarming rates.They are likely to join the 1.2 million young women and men in Mexico who face the job search every year without support networks and recognition of prior studies.At the same time the tech and software development sectors in Mexico are experiencing growth at an unprecedented pace. Currently the demand of human capital in the sector has grown above the national supply. In partnership with Hack Reactor, we have designed an immersive people-centred programme, in which we provide technical and soft skills for life. We support students’ path so they can access employment with career-growth opportunities, secure income, social benefits and gender equality in the tech sector. We believe that through dignified employment, young women and men can hack a better future for themselves and their families.
Hola<code/> is looking for a Marketing & Communications Manager (M&C manager). As M&C Manager, you will be responsible for the overall communications and marketing of Hola<code/>, and manage all aspects of it. This is an exceptional opportunity at a fast-growing start-up. A successful candidate has superior communication skills and a great ability to improvise and be creative with all resources. The ideal candidate has a “roll up your sleeves” attitude and can work collaboratively with the rest of the team, as well as a self starter that provides new inputs and ideas.
- Coordinate and develop a full strategy of communications
- Work with media to ensure that our message and personality are communicated correctly
- Design and develop campaigns for the different stages of our programs
- Community Management: content creation, publishing, interaction and reporting
- Ensuring that all communications tasks are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Develop a detailed communications plan based on our Communications & Marketing Program
- Generate content according to the calendar for media in our social channels and blog
- Edit and coordinate the production of content for our blog
- Design and develop content for email marketing strategy
- Generate periodical performance reports
- Use your skills to support access to social mobility for a large underserved community in Mexico.
- Support scale up of a fast growing social enterprise in Mexico City.
- Inspiring workplace and motivated international colleagues.
- Flexible vacation policy- work with your manager to take time off when you need.
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact.
- Awesome office location in Mexico City.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply send your updated CV and a cover letter describing why you are the best candidate for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are a non-traditional social enterprise, therefore we are not looking for degrees or 7 page cvs but rather hands-on creative, self-starters that are willing to learn and build a startup. As you know, Hola<code/> looks and believes in potential talent! If you are interested in applying, be very creative and catch our attention!