ABOUT THE ROLE
As Partnerships Senior Manager, you will be entrusted to manage and grow a portfolio of impactful partnerships with leading grantmaking foundations. You will oversee and become the expert on these foundations, who are focused on community building, supporting local philanthropy, and elevating nonprofit organizations and ecosystems. Your expert client and project management skills will enable you to support and collaborate with senior Catchafire leaders to maximize long-term value and impact for our partners and the communities they serve.
YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO:
- Work with the Head of Partnerships to develop and refine client management strategy in order to maximize the value and impact of these partnerships.
- Drive client renewal discussions, aligning on approach and coordinating conversations internally and externally to achieve partnership goals
- Ensure that Catchafire has relationships with key strategic leaders across each foundation partner to create learning opportunities and provide further value
- Be the internal expert on your clients by tracking industry news, trends and key initiatives that your clients lead and/or care about
- Manage your portfolio of partners by collaborating with internal teams to generate marketing, programming, events and deliverables across the program lifecycle
- Synthesize and share engagement and nonprofit insights and impact with your clients and Catchafire internal teams through compelling impact stories, survey results and data visualization
- Collaborate across the Partnerships team and with other teams across Catchafire to generate new ideas in order to improve our impact and value to our foundation partners
- Regular travel to clients on a periodic basis for meetings and workshops
- Spectacular communicator: You begin by listening and asking rather than telling your opinions. You make your partners (internal and external) feel heard and are able to explain complex topics simply. You are able to write and vocalize your thoughts in a thoughtful, concise and direct way.
- Structured collaborator: You work methodically and like to create appropriate and effective structures to help you and your team accomplish goals. You are a star implementer and excellent team player who is able to manage up, down, sideways and crossways to ensure success.
- Unwavering attention to detail: You understand the professional standards that our clients expect, and you hold yourself and your teammates to a high bar of delivery. You ensure that every piece of work that is produced under your watch is excellent.
- Do what it takes attitude: You maximize the resources around you to chart a path to the goal. No task is too small or arduous if it is in service of larger goals. You are hungry for responsibility and can see how tiny pieces of work elevate an overall experience.
- Growth mindset: You are humble and see opportunities to learn at every turn.
EXPERIENCE / BACKGROUND
You must have:
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience in a client facing team
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent creative problem solving and critical thinking ability
- Excellent relationship building skills and EQ
- Analytical skills and experience using data to tell a story
- Program and project management experience
It would be nice if you had:
- Proficiency in Excel, data and task management tools
- Experience in philanthropy
This position is based in either New York City or San Francisco.