Details: Commensurate with Experience
The Director of Investments will be primarily responsible for growing and managing the Community Outcomes Fund’s portfolio of outcomes-based financings.
- Business Development and Originations: Manage the Fund’s existing relationships with potential investees and intermediaries. This may include attending industry conferences and participating in thought leadership via writing and speaking on the Fund’s behalf.
- Transaction Underwriting and Structuring: Perform credit analysis and develop transaction structures that appropriately mitigate risk. The position will be focused on assessing impact, implementation and appropriation risk associated with each project including review of relevant evidence-base of proposed projects, assessment of management teams, organizational capacity to scale, expected cash flows and underlying outcomes-based contracts.
- Executions: Lead the documentation and closing of transactions, working with outside counsel
- Asset Management: Monitor portfolio investments over the life of the Fund including participation in Oversight or other governance committees, etc.
- New Product Development: Building from expertise gained from working on transactions, the position will play a role in development of the Funds products. This may include helping establish the standardized terms of outcomes-based financing, that are both responsive to market needs but also help move the market towards efficiency and scale
- Leadership: Manage and provide professional development to members of the investment team.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree, with MBA or other graduate degree in a related field strongly preferred
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in community development investing or related field
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytic skills, with direct experience in credit analysis or similar work
- Strong interpersonal skills, an interest in developing and managing relationships, and experience in managing and working in teams
- Superior communications skills, including effective, confident writing
- Commitment to a collegial workplace and the flexibility and drive to thrive in a start-up environment
- Existing network of contacts in the outcomes based financing space is a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a copy of your resume and statement of interest to The Community Outcomes Fund at firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line Director of Investments.
Our firm values diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. No telephone calls, please. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.