237 West 35th Street
Why Join Us
A Certified B Corporation and winner of “Best Places To Work in NYC”, by Crain’s NY Business two years in a row, Charter School Business Management’s mission is to empower the stakeholders of the charter sector with financial knowledge and services to develop and maintain fiscal solvency and organizational viability. We professionally develop our clients regarding best business management practices through our training division. We also manage our clients’ financial responsibilities through our outsourced services division. Our services enable the charter sector’s focus to remain on what is most important – student achievement.
The Financial Consultant will be assigned to work with a variety of charter schools. Although the scope of work is different at every school, the Financial Consultant should be prepared to handle the duties below.
- Manage A/P and A/R functions.
- Maintain accurate records of all financial transactions.
- Handle daily bookkeeping including, recording entries related to petty cash, debit and credit card use, entering invoices, EFTs and cash receipts.
- Record and track income expenses related to all contracts and grants, including federal entitlements.
- Process invoices, issue checks and prepare for signatures/disbursement.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports.
- Collect staff timesheets and investigate discrepancies.
- Enter payroll into QuickBooks in a timely manner.
- Update payroll system with changes related to employee and/or information.
- Use accrual accounting for entries including correct dates and descriptions.
- Code expenses using existing COA and most recent budget.
- Research required document discrepancies with client and/or vendors.
- Complete AP and Prepaid audit schedules.
- Assist with benefits enrollment via brokers.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal employment laws.
- Create HR files with required documents.
You’ll be a fit at CSBM if you
- Have reporting and administrative writing skills.
- Excel at managing processes, organization, analyzing information, supply management, inventory control, problem solving, and verbal communication.
- Maintain professionalism at all times.
- Never settle for status quo and embrace change.
- Understand that audits and financial statements really are fun.
- Don’t believe you know everything.
- Easily admit your role in an unsuccessful project.
- Have great attention to detail and take pride in the end result.
- Great team work, and willing to assist wherever necessary.
Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, FSA, Wellness Program, Profit Sharing, Transit Chek
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1 + years of bookkeeping, financial reporting and financial management experience, preferably not-for-profit, school, foundation or government organizations.
Prior experience working in a Charter School is a plus.
Please email resume with cover letter tailored to this specific position to firstname.lastname@example.org and please state the role in which you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
Charter School Business Management Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of diverse backgrounds to apply.