101 Avenue of the Americas
Guide and implement experience strategy and design for progressive causes.
As a Senior UX Strategist and Designer in our New York office, you'll be leading the strategic planning and design of cross channel experiences. Typical projects might include identifying audience motivations and action drivers, proposing when and how website and landing page experiences fit into an engagement lifecycle, planning and executing enterprise level website or product design processes, or jumping in to rapidly sketch and prose incremental design optimizations.
You will conduct stakeholder interviews and prioritize business goals, shape and execute user research, structure and architect content, design user interfaces, conduct tests and act on iterative user feedback cycles. Along the way you will be framing your insights and presenting your ideas and work to clients.
- Conduct stakeholder interviews to understand key business requirements and help clients prioritize their goals
- Host collaborative workshops including kickoff meetings and co-design activities to iterate with clients and quickly arrive at design solutions
- Lead discovery activities, including competitive analysis, content and site audits, and review of qualitative user feedback
- Structure and execute user-centered research, including user interviews, usability testing, intercept surveys, and card sorting
- Synthesize and present research findings through user personas, user journeys, experience maps, and feature requirements documentation
- Create innovative and intuitive design frameworks articulated through wireframes, sitemaps, and clickable prototypes
- Work closely with visual designers, strategists and developers throughout the design process, from concept to launch
- Participate in the new business process, including ideation, scoping, and pitching
You’ll be part of a team of UX designers where each member is a huge contributor to the projects they lead, as well as the team’s culture and evolving design practice. We value a strong aesthetic point of view, a desire to experiment with new trends and technologies, a willingness to push the boundaries of UX, and a good sense of humor. We offer a culture that will support and encourage your ambitions to build on your UX expertise, stretch your skills in other disciplines, and take creative chances.
The top things we're looking for
You are a strategic thinker and doer capable of guiding prominent organizations and causes toward a more effective use of digital technology, platforms and communications. You understand how strategy guides design and how to marry audience needs with business objectives. You're eager to design digital programs that look good, are delightful, and inspire action.
- 3+ years prior work experience in User Experience
- A strong portfolio exhibiting your UX strategy and design skills
- Familiarity with content strategy practices including taxonomy system development, content modelling, SEO best practices and storytelling principles
- Familiarity with service design concepts and processes, including governance, service blueprints and cross channel mapping.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills
- Methodical, problem-solving mindset and attention to detail
- Team player with the willingness and ability to lead when called upon
- Self-starting and flexible; ambitious with a sense of humility
- The ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Comfort with ambiguity and a commitment to constant iteration and improvement
Blue State Digital is a purpose-driven creative and tech agency. We transform how brands and causes engage their most important people. From Google to UNICEF, from Obama to MIT, from Tate Modern to Ford Motor Company, Blue State Digital helps grow communities, build platforms, and transform organizations for the digital age. Led by the most creative and analytical minds from the political, nonprofit, and brand worlds, Blue State Digital is a part of WPP Digital and has more than 200 employees in six offices around the world.
Minimum Education Required