Clercine 22, #8
Fuego del Sol Haiti (FdS) is a Haitian social-eco enterprise dedicated to improving the social and ecological environments of Haiti and the Dominican Republic. Widespread charcoal cooking is destroying the remaining trees of Haiti, and is damaging to the health of the cooks who prepare food over smoldering charcoal. FdS produces clean-cooking stoves and recycled fuel briquettes from waste cardboard, paper and sawdust which burn cleaner than charcoal.
FdS is also under contract with ecologically-minded organizations and companies in Port-au-Prince to collect their garbage, which FdS separates, distributes and recycles, including recycling the cardboard and paper into briquettes. FdS hosts ecotourism groups, volunteers and medical missions; all FdS programs create long-term local employment.
Working with FdS
All positions involve coordinating with our local Haitian staff, managerial responsibilities, and working with international agencies and other NGOs. All positions will be dedicated to improving the ecological and social environment of Haiti and the Dominican Republic. Two meals per day and travel expenses are included, as well as financial compensation. Housing is available as well. This position is an independent contractor position.
We are looking specifically for someone to grow with our organization. We are a small social-eco enterprise, though our opportunities for large-scale expansion are on the horizon. Our management team is small, and so we seek managers who can bring something new to FdS and complement the skills of the rest of the team.
The Administration Manager position
The Administration Manager position is a managerial position on FdS’ small management team. Your role will be to manage the office, assist the co-founders, keep records and conduct regular bookkeeping, and manage the administration of FdS. Because we are a small company, this position in something of a hybrid office manager/executive assistant/financial assistant role. Opportunities to work closely with the project management and operations team will likely be available as well. The position is flexible based on your abilities, interests and strengths.
In this position, impeccable organization is key. We are seeking a strong strategic thinker, a patient and detail-oriented worker, and someone with the ability to work in the dynamic, multi-sector environment that is a Haitian social-eco enterprise.
- Organizing and managing the FdS office, including organizing and filing FdS business documents, ensuring the office is supplied and organized
- Being the first point of contact for clients and partners, including answering the office phone and maintaining the office email
- Maintaining records of FdS expenses and income. Invoicing clients
- Preparing employee payroll
- Creating regular reports and updating internal databases
- Assisting the President and General Manager on project direction and writing
- Maintaining the schedules of FdS management
- Working with other team members to hire and manage volunteers through the Omprakash system
- Organizing and maintaining FdS’ online file system
- Improving office efficiency and troubleshooting issues
- Contributing to the team by accomplishing related tasks as needed
- Commitment to FdS’ mission: development that works and environmental sustainability
- Strong organization
- Detail-oriented work style
- Patience and flexibility
- Strong and clear writing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google apps
- Proficiency with Quickbooks or similar accounting software strongly preferred
- Professional manner
- Familiarity with Haitian or other developing world contexts strongly preferred
- Fluency in English
- Proficiency in French and/or Haitian Creole strongly preferred
All travel expenses are included; food and housing are included/available.
Must be able to provide your own laptop and cellular phone.
Salary (stipend) levels are based on experience and responsibilities. The salary is basic and equal to other independent social enterprise opportunities in Haiti. We are looking for someone to grow with our organization. Compensation will increase as more program income is earned through our organization.
LEVEL OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
Fluent English required. Conversational or fluent Haitian Creole strongly preferred. Spanish and/or French are a plus but not required. Must be able to provide your own laptop and cellular phone.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your résumé / CV and a cover letter detailing your interest and previous experience to email@example.com Applications are accepted until March 31st.