585 Massachusetts Ave, Suite 3
Dimagi is a Social Enterprise, Benefit Corporation, and Tech company focused on making an impact globally. Our product, CommCare, assists some of the world’s most underserved and hard-to-reach communities in health, agriculture, education, and beyond through innovative digital data management systems. Our team of incredibly dedicated staff work towards our mission of creating an impact in the world from our four offices around the world.
Who You Are:
The Financial Administrator will be based in our HQ in Cambridge, MA, however Dimagi will consider outstanding candidates to join us remotely from around the United States. This role will report directly to the Accounting Manager and work with the Global Director of Finance.
The Financial Administrator will work closely with the Accounting Manager to ensure our U.S. bill and contract processing, vendor payments, among much else, are completed efficiently and accurately. You’re someone who has excellent attention to detail, outstanding excel skills, and enjoy supporting the greater Business Operations and Dimagi team to make an impact globally. This is an entry-level role and the Financial Administrator will be extensively trained and onboarded on Dimagi’s financial processes and software.
What You’ll Do:
- Coordinate bill processing, vendor payments, and payroll support
- Review and payment of employee expense reports
- Create invoices in accounting software
- Process new contracts and contract amendments
- Providing accurate and timely financial data
- Supporting Accounting manager on financial audits
- Coordinating company credit card reconciliation with bookkeeper support
- Review of Financial accounts for accounting close
- Work with Accounting Manager and Global Director of Finance on Financial Models
- Coordinate with Country Office Finance Teams
- Work with Bookkeepers to enter financial data and ensure accuracy
- Answer questions on entity finances, as they pertain to P&L accounts and BS Accounts
- Identify irregularities and develop solutions to resolve financial problems and questions
Who You Must Be:
- Holder of a B.A., B.S., or equivalent work experience
- Experience through coursework, internships, or work experience in Economics, Finance, Accounting, or Budgeting
- Computer savvy, highly organized, highly detail-oriented
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- Familiarity with financial accounting software (e.g. QuickBooks, Intacct, etc.)
- Familiarity with Skype, Dropbox, and wiki's
- Have the ability to pick up on new computer software programs such as Salesforce
- Be intellectually curious individual with a passion for problem-solving and an ability to identify and lead on priority tasks
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and wear many hats at once
- A motivated self-starter with strong initiative
- Possesses the abilities to self-organize, self-manage, and work with a team
- Want to work for a social enterprise with long-term employment in Finance or Business Operations
- Familiarity with Expense Reporting (Expensify, Concur, Etc.)
- Experience with Financial Audits
- Fluent in French
Please note, this job posting has an application deadline of October 23rd, 2018.
As a mission driven social enterprise, the position comes with a starting salary that may be below what you would be offered at a larger corporation. If income is the primary goal for you, Dimagi may not be a good fit. However, we do aim to offer the best benefits possible including:
- 100% employer sponsored medical insurance
- A retirement plan with employer match
- Flex time that allows for employees to work based on a flexible work schedule
- 30 days paid time off inclusive of holidays
- 10 personal initiative days
- Opportunities to travel internationally
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in French is a plus!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply directly via our linked application. Thanks!