442 U.S. Highway 2
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The Solar Media Maven is responsible for spreading the good works of our values-led Benefit Corporation by capturing our many inspiring stories and sharing them across the variety of traditional and digital (bloggers, social influencers, etc.) earned media. The Solar Media Maven turns the stories of our business into post- and press-worthy events and content. The position requires professional writing, interviewing and pitching skills, and the curiosity of a reporter. Understanding the changing media landscape is essential to this position as the Solar Media Maven will act as an expert, partner and trusted resource in this space. This position is expected to be 20 hours a week, and the benefits of associated with this part-time role are outlined below.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The Solar Media Maven will:
- Manage, plan and oversee PR execution of product launches, marketing campaigns and social mission/political advocacy endeavors.
- Act as an official spokesperson for SunCommon.
- Provide copy-writing expertise to the SunCommon Marketing team in the form of press releases, digital/blog content and marketing collateral support.
- Build relationships with internal and external audiences, including but not limited to media, customers, key partners, influencers, and other internal and external contacts necessary to create and pitch our newsworthy content.
- Brainstorm and execute opportunistic news-jacking opportunities when they present themselves.
- Deliver effective PR editorial plan to meet the business objectives.
- Through PR initiatives, build and maintain SunCommon’s standing within the industry and media landscape as a leader and resource.
- Juggle the development of multiple stories in various stages with a commitment to get them out the door on schedule.
- Advise marketing and sales leadership on message development.
- Strong understanding of mission and brand so content is consistent with our brand voice, style and tone.
- Actively deliver the SunCommon Customer Experience: Easy, Efficient Joyful Engagement; Above & Beyond Service; Part of Something Bigger.
- Contribute joy and a good work ethic to support the wellbeing of our community.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Commitment to SunCommon’s purpose and vision
- Demonstrated high performance in the public relations field. Five or more years experience.
- Excellent public speaker with the ability to offer thoughtful, on-message reporter interviews.
- Strong writer, able to adopt the SunCommon voice for marketing and PR copy needs.
- Demonstrated ability to translate an internal message into external soundbites.
- Excellent self-organization and time management skills. Ability to work on tight and moving deadlines.
- Willingness to pick up the phone and go get the story.
- Excels at enthusiastic and effective communication skills in person, over the phone, and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member and leader of a team.
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create it.
- Ability to present ideas to executive level.
- Entrepreneurial thinker and doer who sees opportunity in ambiguity and is energized by the prospect of joining the SunCommon “solar coaster”.
- Demonstrated commitment to social change.
SunCommon provides our employees a competitive salary and full time employees a strong package of benefits, including:
- For the employee and their family, fully paid medical premiums as well as a significant contribution toward medical deductible expenses,
- For the employee and their family, fully paid dental premiums,
- 3 weeks paid personal leave (combined vacation and sick) for year 1; 4 weeks for year 2,
- 10 paid holidays annually,
- 401k company match 1:1 up to 3% of salary that the employee sets aside then 1:2 match for 4 or 5%.
- Student loan pay down program
- Short and long term disability
- 25K Life insurance with buy-up option
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit application through online portal.