Details: Commensurate with experience
601 West 26th Street
About Centre for Social Innovation (CSI)
The Centre for Social Innovation’s vision is a world where we put people and planet first. We provide coworking space, community and resources to accelerate our members' success and amplify their impact. Together, we’re building a movement of nonprofits, for-profits, entrepreneurs, artists and activists working across sectors to create a better world. We have a vision to scale our platform to serve others and to remove barriers, reduce friction and accelerate outcomes and connections for hundreds of social mission groups each day.
We are currently recruiting a Community Animator. The right candidate for this opportunity will represent CSI’s values, brighten peoples’ days, connect people and ideas, build social networks, create an open and collaborative culture, and be at the heart of an incredible community. You are an excellent multi-tasker and ambassador, and default to action and optimism. We're looking for an informed and inspiring Community Animator to adeptly facilitate a spectrum of activities that elevate our members’ social innovation impact.
The CSI team is a rare kind of crew - practical, friendly and deeply ambitious. We are determined to change the world and we have a plan, but we need you to help make it happen!
Community Animator Role
The Community Animator is CSI's frontline ambassador for social change. You are one of the first faces people see when they walk in and your dynamic presence sets the tone. This position is a tightrope act of juggling a million different things and getting them done, while also welcoming people so they immediately feel at home.
The Community Animator coordinates a wide variety of community relationships, operational systems, and physical spaces in an engaging and inclusive way connecting individuals and organizations to the social innovation movement and elevating members’ social impact. The goal is to choreograph the social innovation and physical environment and experience of CSI.
You must have superior communication skills, solid organizational and time-management skills, a strong customer-service orientation, good group facilitation skills, a positive attitude, and some experience with social innovation and social enterprise.
Utilize strong group facilitation and placemaking skills to catalyze our social innovation community:
- Animate community rituals over food and drink (Salad Club, Member Mixers, etc.)
- Highlight member milestones and stories; support and promote member-led initiatives
- Connect members to programs, funds, business development, and professional services
- Promote use of our frameworks and resources
- Collaborate with staff to organize social innovation networking and programming events
- Negotiate added-value projects or partnerships with individuals and organizations
- Lead staff through the organization and delivery of the annual Holiday and Anniversary Parties
Provide great member service, build a cohesive community, and uplift our collaborative culture:
- Ensure everyone is welcomed into our space with a smile and a warm greeting
- Ensure inclusivity, diversity, equity, and accessibility needs are met for all
- Run Info Tours, contagiously reflect CSI’s mission, and help drive membership sales
- Onboard members with Orientation and support their transition into workspace culture
- Offboard and recognize members with grace and commitment to their next destination
- Update the community and solicit useful feedback
- Support the creation, peaceful coexistence, and cohesion of a community of world changers
Create inspired and effective teamwork:
- Help to recruit, select, onboard, train, and continuously mentor a team of 10 Desk Exchange Community Animators on a quarterly basis
- Work with the Facilities Coordinator to manage DECA checklists and task assignments closely, leveraging an awesome team to keep the space beautiful and running smoothly every day
- Work with Facilities Coordinator to ensure daily, consistent Welcome Desk coverage and manage schedule changes and mid-term recruitment and re-training when necessary
- Ensure that phone and email inquiries are answered, and that members and guests feel supported and have an excellent experience in our space
- Provide opportunities for social, leadership, and exchange benefits to flourish
Share your collaborative communication and info-management abilities:
- Maintain up-to-date documents and communication flows between staff teams and members
- Attend CSI meetings, retreats, and professional development opportunities
- Other related duties as assigned and mutually agreed upon
Qualifications and Requirements
- Excellent community building skills with strong public facilitation experience
- Strong interpersonal communication, training, and team-building skills
- Outstanding organizational, customer service, and time management skills
- Experience with diverse communities and leveraging member benefits
- Excellent on-the-spot problem-solving and prioritization
- Results-driven, with an ability to embody CSI’s values
- Proficient across Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, and mobile app platforms
- Available Monday-Friday daytime hours, with occasional evening hours
What you can expect working at the Centre for Social Innovation
We are a dynamic and collaborative team invested in our mission. We are constantly seeking to improve processes and increase our impact in the community. If you like start-ups, networks, social enterprises, working in a team atmosphere, and are mission and results driven, then this is a place for you!
We strongly encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and communities.
Medical, dental, vision, pre-tax commuter enrollment
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. You can address all inquiries to that email address as well.
Please note that we may invite you to an interview with only a few days notice, and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please let us know of any specific requirements needed in advance of visiting any our space - we will be happy to work with you to accommodate any accessibility requests as best we can!