137 Newbury Street
BlueWave Solar is a B Corporation on a mission to revolutionize energy with simple, powerful solar solutions.
We have a rapidly growing team of experts intensely focused on increasing our solar loan footprint, refining our Solar Management Platform software, developing and managing community solar projects, and forging efficient capital partnerships that enable consumers to choose local, low-cost solar power. We are constantly innovating to keep pace with the evolving energy industry, and that spirit of innovation is what drives our company’s dynamic culture. We are an energetic, driven and welcoming group of people that is looking for our “people person” to help us build the right team to support us in meeting our goals.
When you join the BlueWave community, you join a team doing all that we can to be transparent, sustainable and high-integrity. We don’t just want to do business, we want to do good business. Because of our commitment to B Corp Certification we hold ourselves to high standards when it comes to our impact on the environment, our employees, our communities, and our customers.
An energetic, innovative and forward-thinking human resources professional for an immediate opening as BlueWave’s Senior Director of Human Resources. This position reports to the Managing Director of People and Civic Engagement and will manage BlueWave’s People Team.
BlueWave is a growing start-up that believes that our people are what drives our success. This person will be hyper-focused on fostering an environment where BlueWavers feel valued, supported and engaged.
You will not only support the immediate traditional human resource business needs, but help guide us in becoming a best-in-class organization. We’re looking for a creative, trendsetting, analytical, emotionally intelligent person who has the potential to ultimately become the Chief People Officer of the company.
Is this you?
- Drive employee engagement through refinement, maintenance and/or evolution of the BlueWave culture and establish/perpetuate BlueWave as a compelling and engaging “employer brand”
- Partner with team leaders in developing goals and strategies that increase the impact of our people across the organization
- Introduce new ways of thinking about our people analytics and drive activity accordingly to ensure we focus on aspects that make real differences to current and future goals from a people point of view
- Introduce new and/or improved methodologies for attracting, assessing, selecting, rewarding and developing a strong and diverse talent pool
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital
- Develop and monitor overall HR systems, tactics and procedures across the organization
- Nurture a positive working environment
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance
- Maintain best in class compensation and benefits programs
- Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management
- Coordinate company equal opportunity programs to achieve diversity goals
- Oversee the design and development of compensation strategy and programs
- Evaluate company culture and provide recommendations on changes to accomplish company goals and objectives
- Evaluate procedures and technology solutions to improve human resources data management
- Develop and manage annual budgets for the department and perform periodic cost and productivity analyses
- Serve on planning and policy-making committees
- Substantial (8+ years) People Operations leadership experience, particularly building and scaling high functioning teams in a fast-growth environment
- BS/MS degree in Human Resources or related field
- SHRM or HRCI certification
- Able to partner with and influence all levels of the organization through trusting, respectful, and highly communicative relationships
- A strong voice at C-staff level in the organization, advocating for programs and driving solutions that align with business goals
- A keen eye for data and driving a culture of assessment and analytics among the organization
- People oriented and results driven
- Demonstrable experience with human resources metrics
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices
Other Desired Attributes:
- A strong intellect with excellent interpersonal skills, good judgment, sound business sense and selfconfidence to make a decision
- A quick study with a high level of energy and commitment drive and ambition
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to Managing Director of People and Civic Engagement, Mark Sylvia at msylvia (at) bluewavesolar.com