This American Life is an award-winning weekly documentary radio program, heard by around 5 million listeners each week on over 500 public radio stations in the U.S. and a handful of other countries. Serial Productions is a podcast production company responsible for Serial and S-Town. The two share an office and several staff members. We are made up of small, creative teams who are passionate about their craft.
We’re looking for a detail-oriented, tech-savvy person to help with the administrative operations of the office. You’ll be a person who loves to be behind the scenes and takes pride in executing projects both big and small. You’ll be doing everything to negotiating vendor contracts, to booking travel arrangements on short notice, to organizing team retreats and receptions, to making sure there’s paper in the printer. We’re looking for someone with great communication skills, good time management, a pleasant demeanor and the ability to handle complex tasks with hard deadlines.
- Overseeing the office, from finding and managing vendors, to working with our landlords and super, to managing facilities, to making sure that supplies are ordered and stocked
- Planning and executing travel, meetings, receptions and other events
- Assisting our executive producers and our film and TV department with scheduling
- Front desk reception: greeting guests and answering phones
- Handling all physical mail and some of our general email accounts
- Invoicing, filing and record keeping
- Copyright registration of our shows
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 1-3 years in an administrative /office coordination role
- Technical proficiency in a Mac based environment is a must
- Prior experience as an administrative assistant is a huge plus
This American Life and Serial Productions are Equal Opportunity Employers and actively seek diversity in the workplace.
We offer a full benefits package, including health, dental, vision and 401k.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send us a resume and cover letter to email@example.com (with the subject line Office Manager) that tells us a little about your professional experience and a project or an event you’ve organized.