Details: This is a full-time salaried position with some evening and weekend work. Starting compensation is $57,806 per year. Annual reviews with raises significantly above the national average every year for those on track with strong performance.
50 Milk Street
Do you love to be at the center of the action? Do you get a thrill from working with great event organizers and helping them succeed? Do attendees refuse to leave the events you organize yourself because they want to continue talking with each other long after the event has finished? Do you thrive on a high volume of activity, guiding everything into place in an ever-changing kaleidoscope of people, events, and resources?
If we’re describing you then keep reading! Impact Hub Boston is at the center of the Boston social entrepreneur community, with dozens of events every month that make use of our multiple event spaces, 50+ conference rooms, and other gathering spaces. As a four year old organization, we’ve just begun to reach our potential to help Boston’s social innovators succeed. We need a great Events professional to blossom our practice and art of relationship and events management to connect people and create amazing member experiences through the extensive variety of events we host every day. We’re looking for an all-star Events Lead to make our events sing.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Our ideal candidate is a service-minded individual who has a successful track record of designing and executing a wide range of high quality, multifaceted events that inspire and empower participants. We are looking specifically for someone who:
- Believes that events can be an important part of the strategy for success for a social innovation organization, and is excited by the chance to bring their skills and knowledge to help our member organizations and the local social impact ecosystem succeed
- Understands the rich meaning embedded in the events that Impact Hub Boston presents
- Knows how and is willing to hold the soup-to-nuts responsibility to deliver great events and great customer service experiences
- Will be able to draw upon their events expertise to date and with IHB over time to envision and shape how IHB events can evolve
- Wants to regularly exercise judgement, and not be bound by restrictions, about when to act independently and when to act collaboratively in order to achieve organizational goals Is comfortable working on a small team with ambitious goals with the ability to create its own structures using a startup mindset
- Would feel at home as part of a team that geeks out on what others might see as “small details” - we believe details can matter
- Values trust, teammates, curiosity, and constant learning
- Loves coming to work every day knowing it will be different from the last; thrives on and is energized by an ever-changing puzzle of work tasks and activities to support a broad diversity of event types and formats
- Consistently generates creative and out-of-the-box ideas about how to efficiently use resources
- Minimum 3 years experience in a fast-paced event production or marketing environment, such as educational programming, hospitality, performing arts and/or conferences; demonstrated experience producing unique and creative events for 100+ attendees
- Demonstrated experience in revenue generation through event sales strongly preferred
- Occasionally available on nights and weekends to support events at Impact Hub Boston
- A natural interest for and comfort with helping, supporting, training and managing others
- An interest in a long-term role; we like to hire people who can grow with us over the years
ABOUT IMPACT HUB BOSTON
Impact Hub Boston (IHB) creates places and opportunities for purpose-driven people to connect and build solutions for a better world. Our members consist of value-driven entrepreneurs, intrapreneurs, activists, creatives, investors, freelancers and mentors who work together, share ideas and resources as they work to create a better world. Among our members, you’ll find clean energy and sustainability startups, food entrepreneurs, public health strategists, web and IT specialists, architects, advocates, students and more! Our 270+ members work at Impact Hub Boston, attend and produce events, run their own workshops, access mentorship, find co-conspirators and partners, participate in social networks, build campaigns, launch companies, prototype and test products… all within a member-driven, Impact Hub-hosted environment dedicated to accelerating possibilities.
We are part of a global network of more than 100 Impact Hubs with over 16,000 members worldwide. Impact Hub Boston is housed within the CIC Boston campus of 150K square feet of coworking space, private offices and event space in the heart of downtown Boston. CIC Boston is part of CIC, the sister organization to Impact Hub Boston. CIC is a global organization dedicated to the creation and operation of communities of entrepreneurs who fix the world.
GENERAL OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Events Lead role has primary responsibility for one of the central parts of our work: making Impact Hub Boston the place where people who are doing social impact work come together to learn from each other, connect with each other, and get inspired by each other. The person holding this role will be responsible for the events that we organize to support our community; the events we partner with other organizations to deliver together here; and the events we host at Impact Hub Boston that are entirely organized by others.
This person will primarily work with the other members of the Impact Hub Boston Team, but also with members of other CIC teams as needed or appropriate. This person will manage events on behalf of Impact Hub Boston’s community members and external clients, be attentive to and responsible for event quality, attendee quality, and number of attendees at community events, and member satisfaction.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Events Sales: Champion Impact Hub as Boston’s most exciting and high-quality event destination for the social innovator community. Produce marketing materials and close sales to reach monthly revenue goals.
- Event Staffing: Train and supervise team of internal Event Site Managers and others around pre-event set up, event production, post-event tasks
- Event Planning & Execution for Impact Hub Boston Events: Drive interest in, attendance to, and delivery of impeccable events of all types for a range of audiences by managing event inquiries, budgets, calendars, contracts, billing, staffing, set up, and clean up. Serve as the main point of contact for all space rentals, with Impact Hub members and external clients.
- Manage Events Outcomes and Quality: Build our brand by ensuring high-quality events that support Boston’s social innovators, using a data-driven approach to increasing success.
Community Building Strategy
- Relationship Management: Foster and strengthen connections with mission-driven organizations in Boston and cultivate ongoing relationships with event planners in the Boston social enterprise community, members, and other organizations to increase impact, appeal and reach of IHB events.
- Community Building: Generate new events offerings to enrich and strengthen our community experience, and collaborate with external event planners and organizations to build the broader social impact ecosystem.
- Event Marketing: Use best current practices to create awareness within the broader social impact community and drive attendance for our events.
Process and Operations Management
- Process Improvement: Identify systems, processes and services for adoption or improvement including developing “user guides” and building capacity across the team.
- Build upon the global Impact Hub network: Work with North American Impact Hubs and Global initiatives to bring multi-site events to our space; draw from and inspire best practices at other Impact Hub locations around the world.
This is a full-time salaried position with some evening and weekend work.
We are committed to building teams that reflect the fabric of the cities we support. Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, ancestry, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know.
Starting compensation is $57,806 per year plus 100% of the cost of a premium healthcare and dental package and full payment of expenses covered by your deductible, long and short-term disability, life insurance, 401k matching after the first year of employment (must be 21+) and three weeks of vacation plus holidays from the start (more with seniority). Annual reviews with raises significantly above the national average every year for those on track with strong performance.
ATTRACTIONS OF WORKING AT IMPACT HUB BOSTON
In addition to helping our clients achieve great things, we work to ensure that our employees are healthy and supported. Some of the benefits of being here include:
- Fun people in a dynamic space. We pride ourselves on finding driven and bright collaborators who are eager to lend their own unique skills to the team, as well as to our inspiring clientele. The number one reason CICers say they like working here is because of their colleagues!
- The 270+ members at Impact Hub Boston are sharp, diverse, and motivated to create a better future for Boston, the US, and the world
- The opportunity to work on behalf of, and learn and develop skills within the epicenter of the social entrepreneurship community in Boston
- Great benefits for full-time employees!
- Regular massages, access to a nursing room, secure bicycle parking, a game room, a gym, shower rooms with towels, stocked kitchens, and a host of discounts towards local business and well-being memberships
- Impact Hub Boston is centrally located to the Blue, Green, Orange, Red, and Silver MBTA lines.
Level of Language Proficiency
Full professional proficiency in English required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this job, you must submit your application here.
Learn more about Impact Hub Boston on our website.