BURN designs, manufactures, and distributes aspirational fuel-efficient cooking products that save lives and forests in the developing world. BURN has revolutionized the global cookstove sector by proving the business case for selling a high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized cookstoves. Since 2013, BURN has sold 400,000 high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized improved cookstoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 1,900,000+ beneficiaries save $94 million in fuel expenditures and 1.4 million tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN is on track to sell 200,000 stoves in 2018 alone.
The strategic assistant will apply his/her professional knowledge and expertise to support CEO in all financial and strategic planning activities. We are looking for someone who is interested in working in a dynamic, challenging environment, for a company that recognizes and rewards creativity, initiative and contributions.
The successful candidate will be groomed for a senior position in the company within 12 months.
Main responsibilities will involve:
- Assist CEO to track and provide analytical reports on the development of strategic initiatives, financial performance and the market
- Coordinate with regional /head offices and industry bodies for reporting activities and general administrative affairs
- Carry out specific management projects falling outside the scope of Operations
- Develop and communicate strategic roadmap, corporate strategies and business strategies
- Consolidate and produce business plans and review together with other business heads
- Produce regular and ad-hoc research papers / reports on business development and market landscape
- Complete all reporting activities accurately and on time
Skills and Experience
- MBA or Bachelor degree
- Previous experience in strategic or management consulting
- Good sense of local and global socio-economic development
- Excellent Communication skills in both written and spoken English
- Excellent graphical presentation skill
- Excellent Desktop research skill
DURATION: 12 months
· Fellows receive a stipend of $1,500 plus international travel
· To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required