The Shareholder Advocacy, Associate will be responsible for engaging Trillium’s holdings on corporate environmental, social, and governance (ESG) topics. The position also has internal responsibilities regarding research and the investment process. The position reports to the Chief Advocacy Officer and will be located in Boston or Portland.
About Trillium Asset Management
Trillium is dedicated to sustainable and responsible investing. We offer investment strategies and services that advance humankind towards a global sustainable economy, a just society, and a better world. For nearly 40 years, the firm has been at the forefront of ESG thought leadership and draws from decades of experience focused exclusively on responsible investing. Devoted to aligning stakeholders’ values and objectives, Trillium combines impactful investment solutions with active ownership. Our shareholder advocacy team seeks to leverage the tools available to us as shareholders to help change corporate behavior on issues like diversity and inclusion, human rights in the supply chain, climate change, chemical and pesticide reduction, and other pressing ESG issues. The firm delivers equity, fixed income, and alternative investments to institutions, intermediaries, high net worth individuals, and other charitable and non-profit organizations with the goal to provide positive impact, long-term value, and “social dividends”.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Engage Trillium’s holdings with the goal of improving company ESG performance, policies, practices, and impacts; and conveying Trillium’s perspective and priorities.
• Engage Trillium’s holdings through dialogue with senior level company executives, coalition efforts, shareholder proposals, proxy voting, and other methods of shareholder advocacy, active ownership, and stewardship to achieve Trillium’s corporate ESG advocacy goals.
• Engage government policy makers to advance Trillium’s perspective and priorities on ESG topics.
• Conduct active and robust research to identify new and innovative shareholder advocacy opportunities.
• Keep well-informed of ESG topics, the state of shareholder advocacy, and policy developments.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of the annual advocacy plan, focusing on specific ESG concerns and companies.
• Constructively manage relationships and actively engage with fellow investors and investor organizations to advance Trillium’s goals.
• Represent Trillium on advisory committees and working groups on corporate ESG topics.
• Support the integration of ESG factors into Trillium’s investment process.
• Engage with Trillium research analysts and portfolio managers to understand their insights and perspectives on the ESG topics they are responsible for.
• Contribute to Trillium’s marketing, compliance, and other materials for external parties.
• Partner with business development and private client teams to ensure existing and prospective client expectations and responsibilities are met.
• At least a bachelor’s degree required or significant work experience with environmental or social topics.
• Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
• Knowledge of issues of corporate ESG topics.
• High ethical standards.
• Ability to prioritize, organize, and manage multiple projects.
• Detail-oriented, focused, and persistent work ethic.
The Shareholder Advocacy, Associate will be responsible for engaging Trillium’s holdings on corporate environmental, social, and governance (ESG) topics. The position also has internal responsibilities regarding research…