District of Columbia
THIS IS A FULL-TIME POSITION BASED IN WASHINGTON, DC AND REPORTING TO THE VP OF MARKETING AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT.
Since our founding in 2014, we have approved loans for high-promise students from over 105 countries, creating global citizens everywhere.We like to say that we are ‘global nerds who care’ and we take our mission seriously: as a public benefit corporation we are committed to making a positive impact on society and the community. In this highly visible role, you will expand our efforts and quantify their benefits to students, universities, communities, and countries. This is a new role at MPOWER and thus you will be able to define it beyond what is in this job description.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing, promoting and measuring success of innovative social initiatives for MPOWER customers and employees, such as supporting student employment post-graduation or implementing new benefits options company-wide
- Leading partnership initiatives with higher education institutions, NGOs, governments, and corporations to amplify our social impact
- Spearheading the creation of high-value relationships with foundations to further MPOWER’s most socially impactful programs and initiatives through collaboration and fundraising
- Measuring the social impact of MPOWER’s business by expanding the set of IRIS/GIIRS metrics tracked at the company, setting impact targets for the organization, and measuring our impact against these targets
- Building and growing awareness of MPOWER as an innovative social impact leader in financial services through speaking engagements, public relations programs, social media and other communication channels
- Collaborating across the entire MPOWER team to increase awareness of our social responsibilities (accountability, transparency, purpose) and maximize internal and external impact
- 10+ years of experience with CSR, social impact initiatives or partnerships
- Masters degree in Marketing, Community Affairs, Social Sciences or related field
- Background in higher education or grant writing a plus
- Superior written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and tech fluency
- Track record of growing programs and ability to clearly measure/articulate results
A passion for financial inclusion and access to higher education is a must!
In addition, you should be comfortable working in a start-up environment, meaning a small agile team, fast-evolving roles and responsibilities, variable workload and tight deadlines, a high degree of autonomy, and 80-20 everything.
Minimum Education Required