About The Position
As the Lead Software Engineer, you will drive the development of cutting-edge Diversity & Inclusion software for corporations, schools, and non-profits. This is the perfect role for an up-and-coming senior software engineer who wants to become Head of Engineering or CTO of a fast growth start-up.
In this role, you will work with our CEO, as well as the Heads of Client Success and Product, to build solutions in a fast-paced, agile environment. You must be able to deliver solutions with limited requirements and adjust solutions according to how the market sees fit. We need someone who is highly organized and able to work with tight deadlines.
This is a part time to full time opportunity, with a cash and equity compensation package. You must be very comfortable in an early-stage startup environment. Location is not critical, but ideally the candidate will be in the Philadelphia or New York City area.
- Participating in the ideation process to identify solutions
- Working with CEO, Head of Product and Head of Client Success to rapidly prototype and deliver product enhancements
- Lead the complete SDLC and develop best practices as the company grows
- Developing software iteratively and collaboratively
- Design, develop and test high quality code
- Design, develop and test high quality tools to automate deployment and system monitoring
- Prepare and support software deployments
- Provide production system support when needed
You are an awesome, hardworking human being with a passion for mission-driven technology. You also have an informed point of view and experience with the following programming languages:
- Ruby on Rails
- Hamlbars Templating
- Stripe Payments
- Resque Work Queue
- Unicorn web server
- Paperclip Gem
- Devise ACL
- Node JS
- socket.io npm w/ redis pub/sub for horizontal scalability
- ES6 Babel
- Supervisor daemon
- Twilio npm
- Heroku DevOps
- Familiarity scaling dynos, creating dyne types, and using various marketplace providers such as Heroku Redis
Benefits & Perks
- Negotiable compensation package
- Flexible hours and location requirements
- Bonus opportunities
- Potential for equity
- Leadership opportunities
- Exciting startup environment
- The freedom to be yourself!
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No recruiters, please.
Translator is on a mission to spread empathy and equality at scale. Our flagship product, called UNITY, changes how companies, schools, and nonprofits think about, deliver, and measure Diversity & Inclusion training. Founded in 2016 and with offices in Philadelphia and New York City, Translator is backed by world-class investors. We are proud to work with some of the biggest and most influential companies in the world.
Translator is an NGLCC certified LGBT Business Enterprise and we are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, or any other protected class of identity.
Minimum Education Required