The Director of Community Engagement is primarily responsible for managing the company’s growing portfolio of education programming, including its signature Mission Forward® convenings and events, Equity and Design Thinking workshops, training webinars, issue briefs, and impact reports.
The Director of Community Engagement will further the firm’s educational objective to equip and train mission-driven professionals to have a greater impact in their work.
The position requires an ability to analyze business and communications objectives and develop equitable and comprehensive strategies to achieve them. Candidates for this position must be able to show active and deep connections to the communities in which we work. Prior agency experience preferred. The Director of Community Engagement will work in close coordination with members of the firm’s leadership team and will have direct management over at least one part-time employee.
This position reports to the CEO.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As a team leader, the Director of Community Engagement advises and directs assigned project teams. This person will be responsible for answering complex questions, functioning as an expert resource, and will maintain assignment completion schedules.
- The Director of Community Engagement will manage logistics for all Mission Forward® education and training programs, including: conducting competitive and landscape analyses to help inform curricular decisions, managing communications with speakers, staff, and participants, managing contracts for presenters, as appropriate, overseeing and setting master calendar of annual programming, guiding the application and intake processes, securing locations and equipment as needed, building upon the existing audience base and helping to expand the base, while acting as a representative of the Mission Partners team in community settings.
- The Director of Community Engagement will create and update content for Mission Forward’s main communications channels using inclusive language, and support in the development of content for Mission Partners’ channels including the website, newsletter, social media, printed collateral, and presentations.
- The Director of Community Engagement will represent the Mission Forward brand to prospective and current participants, clients, and other internal and external stakeholders.
- The Director of Community Engagement will plan and manage events, including content development, promotion, and logistics.
- The Director of Community Engagement will coordinate program evaluation processes and the collection and reporting of success metrics and stories.
- Intellectual curiosity and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission and work of Mission Partners
- Direct experience leading projects that support diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives
- Demonstrated work with and connection to communities, partners, and stakeholders
- Three years minimum experience working directly on mission-driven/social good projects or content development
- Knowledge and understanding of for-purpose business management and challenges
- Certification or college degree in communications, business, journalism, or related field
- Proven ability to oversee projects from initial strategy through tactical implementation
- Experience in managing program budgets and financial reporting
- Excellent writing skills, understanding of inclusive language practices, and ability to write across a variety of channels and mediums
- Strong organizational skills, familiarity with project management, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude, demonstrated commitment to empathy, and a team player
- Marketing/communications experience; fluency with online/web and social media tools
- Event/program planning experience
- Stellar customer service, strong attention to detail, and ability to successfully prioritize competing demands
Mission Partners offers a competitive salary; quarterly individual incentive plan; new business development incentive plan; comprehensive health coverage; tuition reimbursement; peer recognition points; charitable gift match; generous vacation time; and sabbatical time after one year of service.
Level of Language Proficiency
English and Spanish
Minimum Education Required