Calle Colombia y Calle 44 Este
You are passionate about teaching and holistic health. You live your life focusing on mental, physical, spiritual and emotional health. You can create lesson plans that inspire others to grow as professionals and people. You thrive in a rural community and are a mentor during moments of need. You understand the importance of data and organization but also creating spaces for exploring outdoors and mindfulness.
Each week, there will be 5 hours of traditional education to your students in the form of lecture or seminar based learning. For 15 hours each week, your students will serve in assistant roles as you lead them in your own Kalu Yala based community wellness project utilizing the experiential learning model. 10 hours are reserved for you to facilitate your students pursuing their own independent projects. And 10 hours are reserved for administration and planning of lessons as well as general communication and documentation.
- 2+ years working in public health, corporate wellness, personal and group health coaching, or related fields.
- Degree related to social work, public health, community health or similar.
- Strong planner who enjoys organization
- Group leadership skills
- Excited to connect to members of the local community
- Desire to help fulfill the vision of Kalu Yala, expressed here: www.kaluyala.com
- Spanish speaker
- Wilderness First Responder or other medical training
- CPR certified
- Manual vehicle/4x4 experience
- Flexible and resilient
- Experience living in community
- $900 per month
- Room + Board valued at $550 a month in our tropical wilderness camp
- 6 weeks paid vacation yearly, 2 weeks accrued semesterly after 3 month probationary period
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish speaker preferred but not required
Minimum Education Required