26 O'Farrell Street
Vendor Relations Lead - Brilliant Earth, San Francisco
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and the global leader in ethically sourced fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Newsweek, Glamour, the Today Show, and Martha Stewart among many other media outlets. We are a team of dedicated individuals with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are collaborative, hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our open workspace in the heart of San Francisco encourages conversation and collaboration. From cross-departmental meetings to frequent happy hours, Brilliant Earth team members bring a top notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow. For more insight into our work environment and culture, and to hear from our employees, check out our profile on the Muse!
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice – we want to hear yours! If you are interested in growing with Brilliant Earth, send us a resume and cover letter letting us know why you are interested in joining our mission and our team. Please include a sentence about your favorite shape of diamond.
We are seeking a results-driven, innovative and passionate leader to serve in the role of Vendor Relations Lead within our Operations team for Brilliant Earth. The primary objectives of this position are to maximize efficiency, quality, and customer experience critical to Brilliant Earth’s success, while developing strong vendor relationships. You will be responsible for vendor management functions within the Operations Department; managing day to day vendor relations, while maintaining strong relationships with our partners. You will be an instrumental leader of our operations team, which is dedicated to delivering excellence from the time a customer places an order to the moment a customer opens their package.
The ideal person for this role thrives in fast-paced startup environments and has demonstrated an ability to be effective with finite resources. We have a social and environmental mission at the core of our company and are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about helping us achieve our social goals, as well as our business goals.
Join our team of committed problem solvers who are passionate about ensuring that every Brilliant Earth purchase meets the highest standards of quality and craftsmanship.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage relationships with partners and vendors, including developing new relationships, managing day to day vendor interactions, and handling or directing escalations.
- Continually improve purchasing with respect to the company’s quality, delivery and cost objectives.
- Ensure product supply chain is well developed and maintained to ensure a superior customer experience, timeliness, and a high level of efficiency.
- Quality assure incoming product to ensure highest quality standard is met by vendors.
- Formulate and implement systems, policies and procedures to ensure smooth operation of business.
- Proactively seek and deliver process improvements to improve department efficiency and accuracy.
- Coordinate and allocate tasks and resources to ensure general operations run smoothly with vendors.
- Assist with leadingteam members, including training, measuring team success and maintaining a positive, team-oriented culture.
Specific qualifications include:
- BA degree or equivalent
- Experience with vendor management required
- Experience with inventory/ supply chain/ production in a product, retail, or ecommerce company preferred
- Experience leading or managing teams
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external partners
- Detail oriented with strong follow through and have the ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects
- Highly organized with focus on execution, problem solving, and improving processes
- Exhibit a sense of urgency in managing time and accomplishing tasks
- Ability to think critically and adapt quickly in a flexible environment
- Team player with an ability to work collaboratively
- Entrepreneurial spirit / self-starter
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of ERP/inventory systems (NetSuite a plus)
- Interest in socially and environmentally responsible organizations and products
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply here: https://brilliantearth.applytojob.com/apply/erVp0vVUrA/Vendor-Relations-Lead?source=Idealist