Details: Commensurate with experience.
LaunchX, a social enterprise, is seeking a full-time staff member to work in partnerships development and relationship management for our entrepreneurship education startup.
The role will report to the Assistant Director, though the ideal candidate is expected to be a proactive problem-solver who can balance strategic importance with quick action. S/he will work collaboratively with team members to support the development and implementation of our high school entrepreneurship programs, including both our summer program and clubs program.
Duties and Job Responsibilities:
- Outreach / relationship management (primary role) - develop strategic partnerships aligned with leadership objectives, garner extensive support of mentors and speakers for programs (largest portion of outreach), and increase the quantity and retention of schools engaged in our clubs program
- Fundraising - obtaining funds for the nonprofit clubs program through grant applications and fundraising from individuals
- Event management - plan and attend our clubs regional demo day pitch events, including providing direction to support team in determining locations, finding panelists, etc.
- Additional smaller near-term components (first-year, until we grow the team further):
- Summer program management - act as lead for one of our program locations, including managing the counselor and intern team, ensuring setup and successful run of classroom sessions each day including coordinating speakers, ensuring proper assignments and engagements with team mentors, managing the day to day operational logistics as well as opening and closing events, plus teaching some class sessions
- 2-3 years experience in business development or fundraising, additional experience in education, startups, non-profits, and marketing preferred
- Understanding and interest in entrepreneurship
- Believe strongly in the potential of high school students
- Experience using Salesforce or another CRM
- Loves taking calls! Able to build rapport quickly and is able to efficiently do an 'elevator pitch' of the company
- Strong interpersonal skills including high willingness to perform cold calls
- Project and program management skills, including time management, problem-solving, decision-making, and people management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation/ public speaking skills/ teaching
- Able to travel for conferences, clubs regional pitch events, and summer program
- High technical and computer literacy in using Microsoft Suite and Google Drive
LaunchX offers comprehensive health and dental insurance, as well as other benefits.
Minimum Education Required