Details: Salary commensurate with experience
44 Court Street
Maycomb Capital is a pioneering impact investing platform. We provide financing across asset classes to
fund strategies and enterprises that transform communities.
At Maycomb, we know that the world’s problems demand patience, creativity and an appreciation for
complexity. We drive capital toward effective solutions for underserved communities, using data and
rigorous analysis to guide our decisions. We identify scalable and sustainable paths to positive change,
tackling entrenched social and economic challenges. By harnessing the scale, expertise and risk
tolerance of the private sector in service of the public good, we’re demonstrating what’s possible with
mission-focused, flexible capital.
Our flagship funds transform underserved communities in two different - but complementary - ways:
- The Community Outcomes Fund (TCOF) provides outcomes-based (also known as pay-forsuccess) financing that matches private capital with local priorities, realigning government programs with proven solutions to social challenges
- The Social Entrepreneurs Fund (TSEF) makes early-stage equity investments in the most promising entrepreneurs, upending traditional business models to create sustainable change.
We’re named for Maycomb County, the setting of Harper Lee’s classic novel To Kill a Mockingbird. Lee
used Maycomb, a fictional district in Depression-era Alabama, as a backdrop for her universal story of
the pursuit of justice. Her story sparked conversations about equity that still resonate today. Maycomb
seeks to continue this dialogue, bringing innovative ideas to light through action.
The Community Outcomes Fund (TCOF):
It is estimated that the U.S. spends $800 billion annually on human service programs, yet less than 1% of
these expenditures are backed by evidence that these services actually work. Outcomes-based
financings, also known as Pay for Success, are next- generation public-private partnerships that leverage
private financing to fund upfront working capital for services. Government pays only if the program
achieves agreed-upon outcomes. These transactions have emerged as a new way for governments to
fund what works and improve outcomes for disadvantaged communities. Given the likelihood of
reductions in federal resources for human services, accessing private markets and smartly targeting
dollars is more important than ever.
Maycomb has established The Community Outcomes Fund as a dedicated pool of capital to invest in
outcomes-based financing opportunities. Through our investments, we expect to spur tangible impact in
low-income communities, help hold governments and other stakeholders accountable for results, and
ultimately begin to move the needle on how those government dollars are spent.
The Program Analyst for TCOF reports to the Director of Public/Private Partnerships. This position will
be primarily responsible for supporting a team that is focused on: (1) educating key stakeholders within
the broader social sector on the benefits of outcomes-based approaches to delivering social services; (2)
innovating a more streamlined approach to structuring outcomes-based financing projects in order to
achieve greater scale nationally; and (3) developing a pipeline of streamlined projects within a targeted
- Product Development: Conduct background research and analysis to innovate a more streamlined outcomes-based financing model within a targeted issue area to help move the market towards efficiency and scale.
- Pipeline Development: Support the Director of Public/Private Partnerships and Program Associate in engaging state and local government officials, service providers and other key stakeholder groups around the country on implementation of the model and on the broader benefits of outcomes-focused service delivery models in the selected issue area.
- Toolkit Development: Assist in the creation of financing templates within the selected issue area (e.g., term sheets, financial models, data-sharing agreements, financing documents, etc.).
- Knowledge Sharing: Help develop content that will be presented at government and industry conferences on outcomes-based financing and the elements of the more streamlined model;
- Team Support and Administration: Enable the team to function effectively and efficiently through workflow tracking; scheduling and calendar management; expense and invoice processing; arranging travel; and other duties as assigned by the Director of Public/Private Partnerships.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Commitment to and understanding of the government/non-profit arena as evidenced through prior experience
- Excellent analytic skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, an interest in developing and managing relationships, and experience working in teams
- Superior communications skills, including effective, confident writing and expertise in developing presentations
- Commitment to a collegial workplace and the flexibility and drive to thrive in a start-up environment
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a copy of your resume and statement of interest to The Community Outcomes Fund at email@example.com, subject line “TCOF Program Analyst.”
Our firm values diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. No telephone calls, please. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.